Important note: this position is no longer open.
Dobility is looking for an energetic and goal-oriented professional who has a blend of marketing and business development expertise. Although we are a small, lean, and early-stage social enterprise, our SaaS data collection product, SurveyCTO, has already been used by thousands of teams in roughly 150 countries. While we are proud of that, the universe of potential users who could benefit from our tool is actually much larger, and the person in this role will become a key part of growing our product awareness and adoption within those groups.
Candidates should be committed to Dobility’s mission of improving data quality for research, social, and public sector organizations. For the right person, this role will present the opportunity to learn valuable business development and marketing skills on the job, while also enjoying 360-degree visibility into the operations of a social enterprise start-up.
The Marketing / Business Development Associate’s responsibilities
- Foster a healthy, monthly pipeline of customers by responding to incoming sales inquiries quickly, while articulating features, benefits and use cases of our tool within the context of the prospect’s work. Manage, track, and report sales activities and results using Salesforce.com.
- Use the Internet, sales intelligence tools, and social media resources to prospect and identify key users, influencers and decision-makers at target organizations. Identify and route qualified high-value opportunities (net-new or expansion-of-service) to our relationship manager for further development.
- Drive registrations for company and regional events. Actively participate and network with professionals within the community to stay on top of trends and share knowledge to drive interest in our product, and generate trust in our brand.
- Execute PPC, email, and social media campaigns to boost product awareness, nurture leads, and expand usage by our current subscribers. Measure conversion rates and overall ROI for each tactic through to revenue generated from your efforts.
- Assist senior business development staff with top-priority research and manage special projects, such as gathering competitive intelligence and improving our website. Be an incredible team player who works hard to help our team and our clients, as we all get smarter and grow, grow, grow!
Ideal candidate profile
- Strong writer and tech-savvy communicator.
- Ability to juggle multiple tasks and be highly organized.
- Ready to roll up one’s sleeves and do whatever it takes to get the job done.
- A self-starter who is willing to work independently and find opportunities to innovate.
- Previous experience in a professional business setting. Up-to-date with the latest digital-design trends, techniques, and technologies for PR, advertising, social media, and events/conferences. hands on experience with graphic design, marketing automation and CRM tools, such as Photoshop, MailChimp, and Salesforce highly desired.
- Fast learner, able to independently problem-solve.
- Detail-oriented (e.g., cares that “complement” and “compliment” are different things).
- Obsessive about doing high-quality work and achieving personal and business goals.
- Ability to thrive in a low-structure, fast-paced start-up environment.
- Passionate about improving the world through one’s work. Some familiarity with developing-country settings a plus.
Location and hours
This is a full-time position based out of Dobility’s headquarters in Cambridge, MA.
Salary and benefits
Dobility offers competitive salary and benefits packages. The specifics will depend on the applicant’s location and level of prior experience.
About the organization
Dobility, the company behind SurveyCTO, was founded by Dr. Christopher Robert, an early tech entrepreneur and CTO who left technology to live overseas, train in economics and public policy, then research and teach at Harvard’s Kennedy School of Government. His experience on the ground made him realize that the research and development sectors badly needed better technology to gather and manage data. Dobility’s mission is to help ensure that high-quality data is affordable, so that more decisions are based on good data (vs. bad data or no data).
Dobility differentiates itself in the market by providing unmatched reliability, affordability, and customer support. It is a fast-moving company with a motivated team that has spent time in the field to understand customers’ pain points first-hand.
About the product
SurveyCTO is a survey and data-collection platform designed for the specific demands of doing research in developing countries and other challenging settings. It can be used online or offline, on web, tablet, or phone. Most often it’s used by surveyors in the field to perform guided interviews with survey respondents (“Computer Assisted Personal Interviews”). It protects against fraud by recording how long surveys take, audio recording when suspicious behavior is flagged, and employing statistical algorithms to look for anomalies in the data. It’s also an extraordinarily flexible platform that allows for advanced survey logic, pre-loading existing data into survey questions, and automatically merging incoming data into back-office applications like Excel or Stata.
SurveyCTO has been used to collect millions of survey submissions in roughly 150 countries by organizations such as the World Bank, Save the Children, Clinton Health Access Initiative, Innovations for Poverty Action, and many others. You can see other examples of organizations we work with on our website.
(Sorry! This position is no longer open.)
Dobility is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.