Here at Dobility, we are committed to exceptional support for SurveyCTO users. To that end, we’re looking for energetic and entrepreneurial individuals to join our efforts to grow our business and achieve our social mission. Although we are a small, lean, and early-stage social enterprise, our product, SurveyCTO, has already been used by hundreds of teams in over 50 countries, and is growing rapidly.
For this position, we are looking for somebody to lead our growing quality-control team. A pillar of our growth and a core part of our mission is not just to provide a great product, but also to provide incredible support and service — which requires that our product be absolutely reliable.
The ideal candidate will have strong prior experience designing, implementing, and managing quality-control efforts for products, websites, and/or software-as-a-service platforms.
- Take fundamental ownership of our company’s reliability mission.
- Manage high-level quality-control strategy.
- Design and implement test plans.
- Oversee a rigorous system of manual and automated testing.
- Coordinate with the development team on testing needs and findings.
- Help the development team to achieve ambitious product, timeline, and reliability goals.
- Back-stop the front-line technical support team by helping reproduce and troubleshoot user issues.
Ideal candidate profile:
- 3+ years experience in software quality control (web and/or Android).
- Crystal clear communicator (in English).
- Creative problem-solver.
- Obsessively detail-oriented.
- Love for detective-work, for leaving no stone unturned in pursuit of any bug or unexplained product behavior.
- Java programming skills.
- Ability to review Java code and write Selenium tests in Java.
- Willingness to work hard to meet team deadlines.
- Passionate about improving the world through one’s work.
Location and hours:
- Our preference is to fill this as a full-time position in our India office, based in Ahmedabad, Gujarat.
- However, we will consider excellent candidates elsewhere in India, for full-time telecommuting roles.
- We will also consider excellent candidates anywhere else in the world, on a contract basis.
Salary and benefits:
- Dobility offers competitive salary and benefits packages. The specifics will depend on the location and the applicant’s level of prior experience.
About the organization
Dobility, the company behind SurveyCTO, was founded by Dr. Christopher Robert, an early tech entrepreneur and CTO who left technology to live overseas, train in economics and public policy, then research and teach at Harvard’s Kennedy School of Government. His experience on the ground made him realize that the research and development sectors badly needed better technology to gather and manage data. Dobility’s mission is to help ensure that high-quality data is affordable, so that more decisions are based on good data (vs. bad data or no data).
Dobility differentiates itself in the market by providing unmatched reliability, affordability, and customer support. It is a fast-moving company with a motivated team that has spent time in the field to understand customers’ pain points first-hand.
About the product
SurveyCTO is a survey and data-collection platform designed for the specific demands of doing research in developing countries and other challenging settings. It can be used online or offline, on web, tablet, or phone. Most often it’s used by surveyors in the field to perform guided interviews with survey respondents (“Computer Assisted Personal Interviews”). It protects against fraud by recording how long surveys take, audio recording when suspicious behavior is flagged, and employing statistical algorithms to look for anomalies in the data. It’s also an extraordinarily flexible platform that allows for advanced survey logic, pre-loading existing data into survey questions, and automatically merging incoming data into back-office applications like Excel or Stata.
SurveyCTO has been used to collect millions of survey submissions in over 50 countries by organizations such as the World Bank, Save the Children, Clinton Health Access Initiative, Innovations for Poverty Action, and many others.
To apply, please fill out this online application form.
You will need to provide a resume or CV, and you will be asked some questions about your experience.