We’re looking for an energetic and entrepreneurial individual to join our efforts to grow our business and achieve our social mission. Although we are a small, lean, and early-stage social enterprise, our product, SurveyCTO, has already been used by thousands of teams in roughly 150 countries.
This position offers the opportunity to be Dobility’s first chief revenue officer, with broad responsibility and the chance to lead a growing business development team. For this position, we’re looking for an experienced growth executive, with strong strategic-planning capabilities, who doesn’t mind getting their hands dirty (since we are a very lean organization). Candidates should be committed to Dobility’s mission of improving data quality for research, social, and public sector organizations. Current and former SaaS growth executives who have a desire to grow and give back through a scrappy social enterprise are encouraged to apply, as are experienced business development experts from other industries.
While we would prefer for this individual to be based in Dobility’s Cambridge, Massachusetts headquarters, we will consider strong candidates from anywhere in North America.
Chief Revenue Officer responsibilities:
- Develop strategy for all revenue-generating activities, including marketing, sales, and customer success for the core SaaS platform and related services, expansion of business within existing markets, and expansion of business in new markets.
- Execute revenue strategies and oversee the existing business development team, including helping to shape the team’s organizational design. Help recruit and hire new business-development team members to achieve revenue goals.
- Lead customer outreach across the board, including developing and overseeing distinct sales channels, and managing customer success efforts.
- Systematically utilize experimentation and data to identify what works and what doesn’t, identifying and tracking KPIs, and adjusting business-development efforts accordingly.
- Lead revenue forecasting work.
- Guide and manage Dobility’s overall communications efforts.
- Grow revenue without compromising core values of the social enterprise. For example, we don’t convince somebody to buy from us unless we’re convinced that our product is the best fit for their needs, and we don’t seek to extract every possible dollar out of our customer relationships (we celebrate “consumer surplus”).
Ideal candidate characteristics include:
- Extensive leadership experience in sales strategy, business development, and/or marketing functions.
- Experience managing a diverse team, and recruiting and hiring top performers.
- Capable of managing a significant number of relationships and projects simultaneously.
- Fast learner, able to independently problem-solve.
- Data-oriented and evidence-based decision-maker.
- Strong writer and communicator.
- Comfort and familiarity with Google products (Presentations, Sheets, etc.) as well as with data analysis (e.g., Excel) and CRM tools (e.g., Salesforce). Capable of learning new tools as needed.
- Detail-oriented (e.g., cares that complement and compliment are different things).
- Obsessive about doing high-quality work.
- Preference for working in low-structure, fast-paced start-up environments.
- Passionate about improving the world through one’s work.
- Relationships with potential user universes (whether existing or new) would be a bonus.
About the organization:
Dobility, the company behind SurveyCTO, was founded by Dr. Christopher Robert, an early tech entrepreneur and CTO who left technology to live overseas, train in economics and public policy, then research and teach at Harvard’s Kennedy School of Government. His experience on the ground made him realize that the research and development sectors badly needed better technology to gather and manage data. Dobility’s mission is to help ensure that high-quality data is affordable, so that more decisions are based on good data (vs. bad data or no data).
Dobility differentiates itself in the market by providing unmatched reliability, affordability, and customer support. It is a fast-moving company with a motivated team that has spent time in the field to understand customers’ pain points first-hand.
SurveyCTO is a survey and data-collection platform designed for the specific demands of doing research in developing countries and other challenging settings. It can be used online or offline, on web, tablet, or phone. Most often it’s used by surveyors in the field to perform guided interviews with survey respondents (“Computer Assisted Personal Interviews”). It protects against fraud by recording how long surveys take, audio recording when suspicious behavior is flagged, and employing statistical algorithms to look for anomalies in the data. It’s also an extraordinarily flexible platform that allows for advanced survey logic, pre-loading existing data into survey questions, and automatically merging incoming data into back-office applications like Excel.
SurveyCTO has been used to collect over three million survey submissions in roughly 150 countries by organizations such as the World Bank, Save the Children, Clinton Health Access Initiative, Innovations for Poverty Action, and many others. You can see other examples of organizations we work with on our website.
To apply, please fill out this online application form.
You will need to provide a resume or CV, and you will be asked some questions about your experience.
Dobility is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.