We’re looking for an energetic and entrepreneurial individual to join our efforts to grow our business and achieve our social mission. Although we are a small, lean, and early-stage social enterprise, our product, SurveyCTO, has already been used by thousands of teams in roughly 150 countries. This position offers the opportunity to be one of the key early employees—and the firm’s inaugural employee in the D.C. area—with lots of responsibility and many hats to wear.
For this position, we are looking for somebody to join our business development / customer success team. This position is based in the Washington, D.C. metro area with limited travel. Salary range: $40,000-65,000, depending on experience.
- Identify business opportunities and prospective customers; attend (and network at) sector-relevant events. Help organize events, including trainings, workshops, and lectures.
- Assist with growth of our enterprise business development efforts, including conducting research on sales prospects and helping to map the landscape of potential clients (“account-based marketing”).
- Track and support key business development projects for the organization, staying accountable to deadlines and helping ensure projects run on-time.
- Draft and edit public-facing materials for the organization.
- Strengthen our customer relationships and support our existing users by helping to resolve user questions and support requests (“customer success”).
- Monitor the SurveyCTO community forums.
Ideal candidate profile:
- Strong writer and communicator, and very strong interpersonal and networking skills.
- Knowledge of the field research and/or international development spaces.
- Ability to manage multiple relationships and projects simultaneously.
- Fast learner, able to independently problem-solve.
- Detail-oriented (e.g., cares that complement and compliment are different things).
- Obsessive about doing high-quality work.
- Experience working in developing countries.
- Preference for working in a low-structure, fast-paced start-up environment.
- Passionate about improving the world through one’s work.
- Experience using Google Sheets, Tableau, or other platforms for data dashboards.
- Relationships with potential user universes (whether existing or new) would be a bonus.
- Existing interest in ICT4D and social enterprise sectors a plus.
About the organization:
Dobility, the company behind SurveyCTO, was founded by Dr. Christopher Robert, an early tech entrepreneur and CTO who left technology to live overseas, train in economics and public policy, then research and teach at Harvard’s Kennedy School of Government. His experience on the ground made him realize that the research and development sectors badly needed better technology to gather and manage data. Dobility’s mission is to help ensure that high-quality data is affordable, so that more decisions are based on good data (vs. bad data or no data).
Dobility differentiates itself in the market by providing unmatched reliability, affordability, and customer support. It is a fast-moving company with a motivated team that has spent time in the field to understand customers’ pain points first-hand.
SurveyCTO is a survey and data-collection platform designed for the specific demands of doing research in developing countries and other challenging settings. It can be used online or offline, on web, tablet, or phone. Most often it’s used by surveyors in the field to perform guided interviews with survey respondents (“Computer Assisted Personal Interviews”). It protects against fraud by recording how long surveys take, audio recording when suspicious behavior is flagged, and employing statistical algorithms to look for anomalies in the data. It’s also an extraordinarily flexible platform that allows for advanced survey logic, pre-loading existing data into survey questions, and automatically merging incoming data into back-office applications like Salesforce and Excel.
SurveyCTO has been used to collect millions of survey submissions in roughly 150 countries by organizations such as the World Bank, Save the Children, Clinton Health Access Initiative, Innovations for Poverty Action, and many others. You can see other examples of organizations we work with on our website.
To apply, please fill out this online application form.
You will need to provide a resume or CV, and you will be asked some questions about your experience.
Dobility is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.